BACHELOR IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT WITH HONS
MQA: PA 9266 KPT: N/812/6/0173
Diploma in Tourism Management Programme (DTM) in Innovative International College’s is designed to prepare students for the future of the tourism industry. The programme will provide students with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to work in the tourism industry, travel sector, airlines and transportation, leisure and recreation, as well as events. Tourism industry, to develop travel related skills such as geographical skills, marketing skills, and negotiation skills.
High Quality Education
Real World Experience
1. Senior High School/Senior Secondary School/Other Certificates from the government schools with the period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from Primary to Higher Secondary (the cetificate is valid for 5 years from the year of Higher Secondary Examination) OR
any other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university
2. Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 500/ International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at least 5.5; OR
3. Obtain a certificate from any Countries with English Language Education System (i.e. Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe); OR
any other English Language certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
4. Applicant must have a credit pass in Mathematics or equivalent and English Languages to apply the undergraduate programme.
5. Applicant must not be less than 18 but not more than 25 years old before the deadline of application submission.
*All information is subject to change. The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Readers are responsible to verify the information by contacting the college Admissions Department. Entry requirements for Bachelor program are controlled by University Utara Malaysia.
The programme meets the needs of the industry by incorporating disciplines like management, culture and heritage, foreign language, principle of economic and soft skills into the curriculum.
- Introduction to Tourism
- Travel Geography
- Malaysian Studies
- English Language 1
- Innovative and Creativity Computer Applications for Tourism
- Principle of Accounting
- Transportation Operations
- Asian History
- Culture and Heritage
- Web Design for Tourism
- English Language 2
- Moral/Islamic Studies
- Principle of Marketing
- Principle of Economics
- Principle of Environment
- Bahasa Kebangsaan
- Introduction to Event Management
- Tourism in South-East Asia
- Business Communication
- World Civilization: Europe
- Middle East and America
- Tourism Field Studies
- Tour Management & Operations
- Industrial Training
- International Study Tour sustainable Tourism Studies
- Foreign Language 1 ( Introductory Russian 1, Introductory French 1, Introductory Arabic 1 , Introductory Korean 1, Introductory Japanese 1 )
- Tourism Project
- Principle of Human Resources Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Law
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Global Tourism
- Foreign Language 2 (Introductory Russian 2, Introductory French 2, Introductory Arabic 2, Introductory Korean 2, Introductory Japanese 2)
The skills learned at School of Tourism Management are applicable not just in tourism management, but to an entire industry of hospitality and tourism-related businesses.
A career in the tourism industry includes opportunities in many different areas such as:
- Tour Consultant
- Tour Manager
- Tour Planner
- Tour Guide
- Ticketing Officer (Airline & Travel Agency)
- Reservation Officer
- Marketing Executive / Manager (Airline & Travel Agency)
- Event Coordinator / Executive / Manager
- Sales Coordinator / Executive / Manager
- Operation Coordinator / Executive / Manager
FEES & SCHOLARSHIP
Approximate Total Fees
Approximate Total Fees
We have scholarship for limited students.
* Fees will be reviewed annually. For the avoidance of doubt, IIC’s reserves the right to revise the fee payable for any given semester.