BACHELOR IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT WITH HONS
(MQA/600-2/116 JLD 79(24)) N/811/6/0362
The Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree enables the students to gain knowledge and basic skills that are essential to equip and prepare them for the hospitality industry. The programme will expose them to the operational and mid-level management of the industry such as food and beverage management, front office, housekeeping, sales and marketing as well as personnel recruitment and training. The programme is conducted through a series of lectures, simulations and demonstration on the theories and concepts involved in hospitality management. We also emphasise on practical training which will provide them the hands-on training and exposure that will enrich them with the skills and experience needed in the hospitality industry.
High Quality Education
Real World Experience
1. Senior High School/Senior Secondary School/Other Certificates from the government schools with the period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from Primary to Higher Secondary (the cetificate is valid for 5 years from the year of Higher Secondary Examination) OR
any other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university
2. Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 500/ International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at least 5.5; OR
3. Obtain a certificate from any Countries with English Language Education System (i.e. Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe); OR
any other English Language certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
4. Applicant must have a credit pass in Mathematics or equivalent and English Languages to apply the undergraduate programme.
5. Applicant must not be less than 18 but not more than 25 years old before the deadline of application submission.
*All information is subject to change. The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Readers are responsible to verify the information by contacting the college Admissions Department. Entry requirements for Bachelor program are controlled by University Utara Malaysia.
The programme meets the needs of the industry by incorporating disciplines like management, marketing, accounting, human resources and soft skills into the curriculum.
- English Proficiency
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Principle of Management, Fundamentals of Food
- Introduction of Hospitality Industry
- Bahasa Malaysia A/B
- English for Communication
- Food Hygiene and Sanitation
- Restaurant Operation
- Housekeeping Management
- Food and Beverage Service
- Islamic Studies / Moral Studies
- Basic Cookery
- Business Communication in Hospitality Industry
- Malaysian Studies
- Public Relation
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Front Office Management
- Advance Restaurant Operation
- Principle of Marketing
- Hospitality Marketing
- Menu Planning and Merchandising
- Principle of Accounting
- Principles of Economic
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Legal Aspects in Hospitality Industry.
- Industrial Training
The skills learned at School of Hotel Management are applicable not just in hotel management, but to an entire industry of hospitality and tourism-related businesses.
A career in the hospitality industry includes opportunities in many different areas such as:
- Hotel Industry
- Airline Industry
- Retail Sector
- Food and Beverage
- Hotel Front Office
- Event Management Executive
- Restaurant Managers
- Public Relations
- Sales & Marketing
- Cruise Lines
FEES & SCHOLARSHIP
Approximate Total Fees
Approximate Total Fees
We have scholarship for limited students.
* Fees will be reviewed annually. For the avoidance of doubt, IIC’s reserves the right to revise the fee payable for any given semester.